Went in to fill in forms, and got Biopsy results...

1 minute read time.

Evening folks.

I don't know what the stats are for misdiagnosis, but apparently I DON'T have Hodgkins, I have NON Hodgkins (diffuse T cell blah blah).

So I will have 6 - 8 treatments with this new bag, which isn't strictly chemo, it an anti-body that begins with R. And 3 goes at IGEV, with next week being the 2nd. So I get 'R' this Monday, then the following Wed when I'm home (pop in to ward for morning) then again on 21st, then a week off for xmas ... also will have dates set soon for stem cell extraction.

I feel a bit gutted, as I was just getting my head around have HL! Which may sound stupid, but that's how it is ...

I didn't ask if much difference in prognosis, just went off to get the forms filled in ready for going in. I don't need to go in on Sunday night as I don't have a ''bulky mass'' on my neck this time, so can just turn up 9am on Monday.

I've told my mother what the schedule is but not about change in diagnosis coz I can't deal with her high level anxiety. I just had to chill her out anyway as my 13 yr old was trying to sneak off to stay with her girl friend at a boy's house (differing stories let them down) and I tried joking about teens and my mum turned it into a scary event all about boys and men planning something 'dreadful'. Fucks sake, teens do this type of thing, ie: sneaking, and pulling a fast one. Boys may indeed try it on, but the way she went on she made it sound like a paedophile ring!

Anyway. My 13 yr old has been delivered to her friend's house where her mum is keeping them in!

And I may open the vodka.

That is all xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aww Ems, if you're trying to get your own back and make me blush you've succeeded!

Serpents already dispatched!

Odin xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I hope R totally buggers up Mr Lumpy. Would you like to hear something worse than your misdiagnosis? Probably not but I bet you will be like :O when you read it.

Christmas 2009, having just heard my anal cancer was 'gone', I went on an army reunion my hubby and another guy had arranged. The other guy had been treated for cancer, and he didn't even have it. Mixed up notes. He had flu. Fucking, shitting, bollocks. He's still here, big pay out. Poor guy who had cancer and was told he had flu.

Probably doesn't make you feel any better but I bet you are like :O

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What really scares me there, Lesley, is the thought of the other guy in that equation, who presumably had cancer and was treated for flu ...

Yipes.

Just every so often you (ie, I) realise that things could be worse.

Ems' people still need a spanking, though, and not in the fun way.

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I can think of a very naughty joke about bedknobs and broomsticks but it makes me wince and inwardly say OUCH! so I won't share it... Use your imagination.

Hilary, brown corduroy dungarees... hmm remind me which school of fashion you went to?

If you sat in front, we could be jet propelled, you would stay clean  and no crimes of fashion need ensue... And if we planned our route there carefully, we could shit on bastards everywhere from on hi hahahaaaa. Bombs away...

I am alos worrying about the flu cancer man...  Imagine that phone call when they realised the mistake... ouch again.

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Big thank you's to everyone!!

Big dropped jaw for the flu/cancer mix up!!

Heehee , Odin blushed!

Yes, I have some questions for them when I go in this week Hils, worry not! ;)

LM, I don't think I'm feeling strong enough to try and imagine any of THAT! ;)

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx