icky & sleepy

1 minute read time.

Oh here we are, chemo number 6. Possibly 6 more left, but will find that out after chemo number 8 when I have a CT scan to see if lumpy is still shrinking. Doc says however many chemos I have, I'll get a NHS bonus of some radiotherapy at the end. If plan A doesn't keep working and lumpy stops shrinking, we'll be back to considering plan B, going in to be blasted intensively, but she thinks plan A is going well so far. 

Started yawning before even got home from hospital today, and collapsed on sofa whilst mum and stepdad pootled about doing chores and trying to talk to me and trying to tempt me with fish pie and not getting very far as was too woozy and vague. D was dropped off by Liz at 5, mum took her away at about 6, by which time I was feeling pretty crappy so that was good timing. Had time for a couple of cwtchs first :)

Felt the chill starting, and quite nauseous for a bit, so shoved heating on (too feeble to light fire) and huge fluffy dressing gown and woolly blanket and dozed off on sofa for a while... woke up feeling hot and thirsty, so ripped dressing gown and blanket off and rank orange juice an date sliced up tomatoes and cucumber and a slice of cheddar but think over did it with the cheddar.

So, possibly 6 more of these eh? Best plough on and get those positive thoughts up a gear... :)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

Just to add that compared to what you're going through, RT will be easy peasy!

I hope it will be at Velindre because I know they really look after you there, and they really consider your modesty. Although I was disappointed at the very small paper towel they needed for me.

Onward and upward, it'll soon be over.

In the meantime more hugs and cwtches because you deserve them

Colin xxx

PS if you're in the RT cafe at Velindre on a Thursday, look out for a friend of mine. Wynne is 90 and has been serving coffee (the right way) for over 50 years!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems!

You'll have just got into the routine of chemo, bad days, starting to feel ok days, ok days, chemo......when it will finish. Radiotherapy is a doddle afterwards, though I needed on neck as well as chest so had to have a mould taken of my face. Was allowed to keep.....perhaps will put it ready to scare 'orrible people who dare to venture up my path on Halloween.

Difficult to respect your modesty with boobs on show, but after you've given birth there isn't anything that's secret anymore.:-)

You are doing well. By the time I was on cycle 3 I'd already been hospitalised for infections, but then mine was so complicated. If there was going to be a problem, I'd cause it!

Take care and rest up xxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

Sorry I'm responding a bit late but have been busy.

Good that stuff is going to plan so far, and well you're halfway through now so you can see that the end of chemo is getting nearer than when it started, yay for that!

I like the way you say bonus radiotherapy, lol! Well if it happens it happens, belts and braces and all that. I had some lovely RT nurses, they were so nice to me despite having to look at my bare ass everyday.

Keep strong Ems, hope the effects of this latest dose are bugger all!

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey you lot :)

Thank you for being so brilliantly fabulous!!

Well, the temperature has returned to normal, I'm getting to used to that ''freezing-then-boiling'' routine now!

Had a nice day, managed to light the fire, been curled up in front of it all day. Also started the day cautiously with toast, by 4pm had soup , whoohoo! 

Had a call about going in to Usk House on the 8th to get assessed for my complementary therapies, yay :)) And a lady from there called me to ask if I wanted to see if I could claim any DLA whilst poorly...? She said she had seen my notes and could possibly get something due to the fibromyalgia which is probably exacerbated by the lymphoma ... ?? She did say that people with cancer find it difficult to claim, as the DSS (or whatever they're called) often say it's not the cancer, if it's not an obviously debilitating one, that's causing any ill effects, but the chemo/RT etc. Cheeky bastards!! Anyway, I won't rant on because I'm simply gobsmacked, whilst at the same time, not surprised, if that makes sense!

Bit headachy and sleepy so off to get some cocodomol ..... love and cwtchs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx