Kiltyboy's bladder odyssey.....

• The wonderful world of financial institutions....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As if the banks didn't have the lowest reputation possible already...... having moved house relatively recently, I took out a new mortgage (no problem with that), and went to the same bank, with whom I've had mortgages for the past 15 years or so, to arrange life assurance to cover the mortgage term.

Being truthful , I was completely straight about my condition, and, being the generous understanding souls that…

• End of BCG phase 1.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just finished my sixth week of BCG treatment. After the first one, which seemed to have no effect whatsover, the effects kicked in good and proper from week 2......

I will never cease to be amazed at what one can get down a very small tube from the bladder ! For about 6 hours after a treatment it was, at  times, like someone had set off a small hand grenade in my bladder.....I suppose that it's a sign that it's doing something…

• BCG's early days....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went for second BCG treatment this week, and after the amazingly side-effect free first one, it hit home big time. I think I got the full set this time. Amazingly quick acting stuff. Thankfully, only lasted about 12 hours, which I'm grateful for. Will see if that's the worst or if the effect is cumulative ....

• Done with knives, it's chemical warfare now....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Going in for first BCG treatment tomorrow. Had two "mechanical" removal sessions , or TRBTs as they're known, last year, and now it's time to get chemical....

I don't have any major qualms about the treatment or the procedure to administer it, but am rather spitting teeth over the administrative incompetence I have encountered along the way. I'm a fairly determined , coherent , articulate chap (even…