Kidney Not

• Nivolumab Back on Schedule – Aug 2022

TL:DR Back on schedule with the nivo 4 weekly    When we started nivo monotherapy we went for a half dose every 2 weeks, instead of the full dose every 4 weeks.  I only had a couple of cycles scheduled due to the uncertainty of how my ...
  • Incessant Thirst

After I started on ipi/nivo in January I noticed I started drinking copious amounts of tea.  I was relieved there were no immediate side effects, the ones they warn you about; diarrhoea, sickness, itching, so I just thought it was a fu...
  • Nivolumab Rechallenge - June 2022

They do say cancer is a rollercoaster ride.  It certainly is!   Last week (22nd June) I had my first nivolumab mono-therapy dose which should have happened on May 4th 2022.  I was my oncologist’s top patient with no impactin...
  • Acute Interstitial Nephritis - May 2022

I finished my ipi/nivo dual immunotherapy at the end of March.  The standard approach is for a break of 6 weeks followed by nivolumab monotherapy.   I’m a Big Fan of this treatment.  I looked forward to the 3 week visits for...
  • Immunotherapy update Feb/March 2022

This post will be an update on the first four cycles of ipi/nivo.  I’ve been having it every three weeks, by infusion, from mid Jan until the end of March 2022.   On day 1 of my ipi/nivo I predictably had a dozy session on the so...