Kidney Not

• ModiFY Trial Day 1

The ModiFY trial has started!  Whoop whoop!  This is a trial of a new vaccine sponsored by Scancell.  The official title is “A phase 1/2 open-label study of Modi-1 in patients with breast, head and neck, ovarian or renal cancer&r...
  • Covid

Isn’t the cancer journey uncertain?  You feel you have it “sorted” only for something to happen and challenge the strategy you had come to terms with. . . . . or had you?!  I had been cheerily thinking how quickly the four...
  • Trials and "tribulations" - March 2023

I haven’t updated for a while.  I think that shows I have moved into another phase.  The treatment is established and a new sense of normality exists.  Treatment has been progressing with no further incident and the primary tumou...
  • One Year On

On 24th November 2021 my Urology consultant advised me I had metastatic kidney cancer.  A kidney tumour which had spread to the lungs, It couldn’t be cured.  It was however, treatable.  I thought it opportune to mark the event wi...
  • A Poem

I was inspired by  to write a poem!  And by  to share it.  Thanks guys! A foe is growing inside of meBad cells, multiplyingHitching a ride on my organs and blood streamWearing me downEating into meWeigh...