kezzerbird's blog

• The holiday, cancer and me Part3

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I am glad some of you guys are coming on this journey with me. I hope you enjoy it! I didn't know if I would make it to the holiday or even if I would still be alive. I was told about having cancer after a laproscopy,I wasn't surprised by the news, after all I had lost my dad, my aunt, my eldest brother and sister to cancer and somehow knew that one day it would be my turn. Telling my family was one of the worst things…
  • The holiday, cancer and me part2

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Part 2 of my journey, come along if you like! This particular holiday is a special time, a time for making new memories for both Kev and I and if I don't win my battle to survive, Kev will be able to look back and smile, that this moment in time cannot be taken away from us, no matter what happens in the future. The thought of leaving this fantasy and going back into hell again can't be forgotten about. We will get back…
  • The holiday, cancer and me

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi guys.........I kept a diary last year whilst on my holiday that I didn't think I would make because of my cancer, so here goes! Has soon as my feet touched the stern of Elvind, it was like coming home to an old friend. how a 48 foot narrowboat could make the last seven months of hell vanish into oblivion and leave you with a strong sense of peace and satisfaction, looking only forward into the future is unreal. It…
  • My macmillian nurse

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi guys....................Saw Mike my Macmillian nurse today, he called in because he is on weekend duty and I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks. His face was a picture when he saw me and he looked so pleased on how well I am doing.He asked me what I'd been up too and was chuffed when I told him that I have decorated the kitchen and the bathroom and had laid carpet tiles in my bedroom and I had been out a couple…
  • I look too normal!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi guys..................My hair is starting to grow back, I've been beautifully bald for almost a year! Before cancer I had waist length dark hair with pink flashes in it, now I am wearing a short light coloured wig and it is not acceptable to my grown kids! WHY, it makes me look weird and normal! Didn't know I wasn't normal, there you go, you learn something about yourself every day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love and hugs to those…