kezzerbird's blog

• Steady Remission!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Guys......................Just to let you all know that I am classed has being in steady remission, I have my Hickman line removed on monday, I have droppedmy Morphine dose by half, gone off my sleeping pills and have started irrigation through my stoma, my consultants are chuffed will all this. I am working on all my aches and pains that I have and have been assured that these will cease in time (by consultants say…
  • The holiday, cancer and me Part12

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Living,or exsisting with cancer can feel at times, a very lonely place to be. Peoples reactions vary so much, true friends stay the same, even though there can be awkward moments between you. I have no problem talking about my cancer, I don't want or look for sympathy, I don't need any. I am still the same person I was, though throughot these last 7 month I have lost me several times but have found myself again and have…
  • The holiday, cancer and me Part11

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I left the hospital and I believe I have already stated 'a broken and weak woman', I didn't care anymore, the fight had gone. I didn't recognise this person with dead eyes looking back at me in the mirror, where the hell had I gone, I wanted to die, enough was enough now. No more more doctors, no more chemo, no more needles, just get on and end this now and let me get some peace. I was due, 5 weeks later to start the…
  • The holiday, cancer and me Part10

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Even though I had spoken to the surgeon and knew what may occur, I was shocked when I saw the colostomy bag, which was attached to the left side of my stomach and the drainage tube coming out from the lower right side, but the sight of 50 staples starting from between my rib cage down below my pubic bone, was horrific. I wasn't bothered about the hysterectomy, I would happily have done that 24 years ago after my son,…
  • The holiday cancer and me Part9

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    We left the Ellesmere arm and deciced to head for The Willey Moor pub, which is Kevs favourite on the canal because of the good selection of real ales they keep. The canal crosses remote farmland parallel to the border between the detached part of clwyd and Shorpshire. I wasn't looking forward to Grindley Brook and the staircase locks, which are only a set of 3, there is normally a lock keeper there to give you a hand…