Kezzerbird....not my normal self at the mo

1 minute read time.

I don't often moan or winge on here but at the moment I am worried and I just need to put it down, I don't want to say anything to my family just yet. I have a lump which I found last night near to where my right ovary used to be. When I was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer in March of 2008, the cancer and massed on the muscle wall close to the ovary and after many cock ups by the hospital, with 3 months the cancer had filled my womb, bowel, stomach and ormentum, so I had 5 cancer to fight off, which I did, much to the amazement of my medical team who expected me to die. After a wonderful year in remission the cancer returned in my stomach, it was expected and I knew that, I know what my out come will be and have accepted that. Once again cock ups are happening, my treatment has gone to pot, it should have been over and done with many weeks ago and I should have also had my scan and the results back but on Friday I am geeting chemo 4 out of the six. Now this lump has appeared and I am thinking that do I have to pay the price again as before because things weren't done as they should have. It was my instinct that told me my cancer was back and I was right other wise I would never have known what was going on. I now have to demand a CT scan to see if my cancer has spread yet again and if it has S**T will hit the fan, my cancer was very aggressive last time and they knew that, I can fight the cancer but I shouldn't have to fight my medical team too, I have given this bloody desease a run for its money and will continue to do so and I know it will get me in the end but all I am trying to do is survive that bit longer, I have only just started to live my life, so it can sod off. I just needed to get this out guys, will see my Onc tomorrow and will have to take it from there. ...Love and hugs to those that want them as always....Carol x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh I wouldn't want to be in my Onc shoes tomorrow, yet again I am going to have to roast his butt, I could ask to change hospitals/medical team BUT that doesn't sort anything out, it is like being bullied, if you move away from a bully instead of confronting them all that happens is they bully someone else and you may end up with a bully who is worse than the one before, so I have to kick arse and make them listen and make them do the right thing for my sake and every one else. Mistakes are made, they are only human but to start making these same mistakes again with me is unacceptable, my life is at stake here and why should we pay the price for having cancer. It is time these people started to hear what we are saying and actually listen. All hugs gratefully received and by tomorrow the bird will be ready for action!!!!!! x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

(((Carol))) this makes me so angry..similar things happened with my mum and my sister, its just so frustrating and such a waste of time. Im so sorry you are having to fight for absolutely everything.I wish I could help.Keep your fighting spirit Carol and kick some arses!

I wouldn`t want to be on that medical team lol

Take care

Love scarlet xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Up and at 'em girl! I know you are always supportive of others so I want to send you all the strength I can for tomorrow. I know you won't give up and I hope you get the answers you want,

Love and hugs

Jen XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, I was wondering about you recently as you haven't blogged and, when a tough bird like  you is down, I know somethings' up!  I am so sorry you've found another lump - stand up girl, get answers and imagine you're back at work - you wouldn't back down then, you'd seriously kick ass and put a bow on it afterwards - easier said than done but, as you say, this is YOUR LIFE.  I sometimes think these oncos. see too much and become immune to the fact that we are human and our LIFE is equally important in the scheme of things.  I wonder whether the oncology team might benefit from us survivors having a cancer buddy to shore us up and fight for us - we all need support like that from time to time.  Anyway, that said, keep on fighting Carol, too many people want you in this world.  God bless, good luck.  Ann xxx

• As others have said, you shouldn't be fighting the oncs as well as the bl**dy cancer. Have you thought of writing everything down so the oncologist realises EXACTLY what cock ups have occurred? We all know doctors don't listen half the time but they can read!

Wishing you every strength,

KateG