Kezzerbird....not my normal self at the mo

1 minute read time.

I don't often moan or winge on here but at the moment I am worried and I just need to put it down, I don't want to say anything to my family just yet. I have a lump which I found last night near to where my right ovary used to be. When I was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer in March of 2008, the cancer and massed on the muscle wall close to the ovary and after many cock ups by the hospital, with 3 months the cancer had filled my womb, bowel, stomach and ormentum, so I had 5 cancer to fight off, which I did, much to the amazement of my medical team who expected me to die. After a wonderful year in remission the cancer returned in my stomach, it was expected and I knew that, I know what my out come will be and have accepted that. Once again cock ups are happening, my treatment has gone to pot, it should have been over and done with many weeks ago and I should have also had my scan and the results back but on Friday I am geeting chemo 4 out of the six. Now this lump has appeared and I am thinking that do I have to pay the price again as before because things weren't done as they should have. It was my instinct that told me my cancer was back and I was right other wise I would never have known what was going on. I now have to demand a CT scan to see if my cancer has spread yet again and if it has S**T will hit the fan, my cancer was very aggressive last time and they knew that, I can fight the cancer but I shouldn't have to fight my medical team too, I have given this bloody desease a run for its money and will continue to do so and I know it will get me in the end but all I am trying to do is survive that bit longer, I have only just started to live my life, so it can sod off. I just needed to get this out guys, will see my Onc tomorrow and will have to take it from there. ...Love and hugs to those that want them as always....Carol x

Anonymous
  • Everybody needs a moan sometimes.  It sounds like you've lost faith in the medics.  Can you talk to a Macmillan nurse or Ovacome's help line 0845 371 0554?  Is there an advocacy service at your hospital?  You need your strength to fight the cancer, not to fight the medics.  You can always have a second opinion and your gp can send you to another hospital though this will cause a slight delay.

You need to get someone on your side.  You also need to know NOW what the lump is.  This might not help at all but I hope you find someone to listen and give you better advice than I can soon.

Hugs,

Chrissie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Frickin hell, what a nightmare, what do they think they doing, listen to US we know whats what with our bodies!!!!!!

Like everyone else has said you need your strength to fight the cancer not the medical team am with you all the way if you need any ' sarf London muscle' give me a shout, thinking of you tomorrow,

Love and a gentle hug  Alex x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Don't you leave that hospital tomorrow until the oncologist has got his butt in gear Carol. I know you won't give up the fight - you just want it all sorting now to avoid another cockup. We are all behind you with our love & support - kick ass girl, lots of love Angie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

well here I was ready to give you a big ol' kick up the ass that cancer can kiss, after reading your blog title.........BUT

I am not gonna do that, I am sorry you seem to have to fight EVERYTHING Carol, fighting cancer is exhausting enough without running the gauntlet with the very people who are supposed to be helping and supporting your battle.

We are here and you can moan (but not too much eh) and we will listen, cos we care and I don't care if you don't do sloppy shite and all that.......cos a big kiss and cuddle (virtual anyways) coming your way mate....I think you do with it, especially as you are also keeping it to yourself.  Hope telling us has eased your burdon somewhat.

We want our bike riding, head bouncer, glamorous gran back and the medical team better start doing everything in their bloody power to make it happen......FULL STOP!

Love ya Kezzer

Debs xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am with everyone else on this Carol, I am behind you 1000%. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you all my love. Love Julie XX