Kezzerbird...Calling all carers for help

1 minute read time.

Guys the old bird needs some help. I have been with my partner for almost 12  years and since I was diagnosed in March 08 he has gone from being a caring gentle man into an acholic evil s**t and I have to be honest I hate him. Has you know I haven't been too good of late (I am slowing picking up) and the other night took the biscuit for me. I had gone to bed (tired on chemo) I asked him to chuck me up something and he could barely stand up he was so drunk and when I had a go I got 'Why don't you f*** off and I am not  taking that from anyone. That morning my Mac nurse had deguessed where I wanted to die and I had to speak with him and my daughter about this and I broke down. I need help in trying to understand where he is coming from because I can't fight cancer and him. I have told him to go if he can't cope. He is causing more problems than the cancer itself. I have been a carer many time to people I cared about. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.....Love Carol xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I dont know what his reasons are, but you got to put yourself first, personally i think he should stop being such a selfish B****** however maybe he is an alcoholic and just cant help himself, if he ever sobers up he would have to face what a wimp he is so it probably suits  him to stay drunk and avoid responsibility, that said he is harming you, all this stress is undermining your treatment so you must tell him to go,  give your self a quiet period to reflect on whats important, I would say you need and deserve a little love and caring thats not much to ask if he cant give you that he is a bit pointless, you come first, he comes second he needs to understand that! LOL Lynxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I think there are too many excuses made for people like Kev.  'Oh, it's such a strain on them' or 'They can't handle it, so they withdraw/push you away/get rat-arsed' etc,,etc.   The main point is that we, as cancer sufferers, shouldn't have to 'worry' whether other people can cope with it or not.  Imagine for one minute that it's your child who has cancer and needs your support.  Would you act like that?  No, of course not.  Because you would do anything to love, comfort and support them, putting their needs above yours.  That's what love and caring is all about.  You deserve better.  Jeanie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Carol,

I can't add anything to what has already been said other than I live just down the road, in Penzance and if you ever feel the need for a break and some one to listen then I am here.

Love and best wishes.

Barbara

XXX

• I am sending you my love and support to add to the other messages you have received. Many people have made suggestions so I can't add to them but please know that you are well loved and admired and many, many people are willing you on at this difficult time.

With Love

Cathie xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks again for your support. Oh I really don't need this crap in my life. I know we are all very different on how we deal with upset in our lives but I could never be like that with anyone who needed me, it is not in my nature xx