Kezzerbird....a letter to myself!!!!!!

1 minute read time.

What do you think you are playing at woman, sitting there all hunched up and being stupid eh? You are the first one to go one about kicking arse and giving cancer a run for its money, so don't you think it is time that you got off your bum and started kicking back?

I am trying to, it just doesn't seem to be working

You call that trying, yeah right, I don't. Look at yourself. Take yesterday, your grand daughter wanted to come upstairs and see you, she was in tears and what were you doing eh, lying there with you head in a sick bowl looking pathetic, all the child wanted to do was cuddle you and tell you how much she loves you and you couldn't even do that much for her. Come on Carol, you are stronger than that, you know you are

Some times I just don't want to be strong, have you ever thought of that, I am feeling like I did the first time round, the fight seem to have gone and I don't know how to get it back

What do you mean, the fight is gone. That is crap and you know it lady. Look at all those people you have lost because of cancer. Remember Louise, your best friend, she was only 10 when when she died, you carried her on your back when she became very ill that day, you walked 3 miles to get her home to her parents, on you back for heavens sake, you were only 12 yourself. Don't you think you owe it to Louise to keep fighting. You know that going through this isn't easy, you have been there and done it, so stop talking crap and pick yourself up and get on with it. You could just have an infection brewing which will knock you for six, you know that, you see your Mac nurse tomorrow, so get it sorted girl. I don't want to hear 'I can't' anymore, because I know you can and you will do this xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

give your self a break pet, every one has rotten days. I know you can and i know you will. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Bird,

Thats the Kesser Bird we all know and care for and love. Just dont over do it,as Debs says Gently gently catchy Monkey.You Know you can do it, and We know you CAN do it. Now all you have to do is get out there and do IT. Good Luck Mate.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield & Mrs S.XXXX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol, don't be so hard on yourself. You'll soon be back on form, you just need a breather. Sending you a huge hug whether you like it or not!

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Angela xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol - Occasionally we have to do what the body tells us, and rest up. I'm sure the idea of mentally listing everything while you are resting is the best idea I've heard of.  Positive thoughts to help the healing process while the body is resting - wonderful.  Just take one day at a time and only do what you can without the fighting for a little while to get your fighting spirit in shape again.

Keep going and accept all the hugs and strength sent to you.

Lots of  Hugs

Viv  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Carol,

The fighting spirit is still there, it just needs to rest and regain its strength. I agree that thinking of all the positive things you have done is a good idea but be gentle on yourself for a little while. You are still the Kezzer we know and love and we are with you all the way.

Take care,

Lots of love,

lizzie xx