Kezzerbird....a letter to myself!!!!!!

1 minute read time.

What do you think you are playing at woman, sitting there all hunched up and being stupid eh? You are the first one to go one about kicking arse and giving cancer a run for its money, so don't you think it is time that you got off your bum and started kicking back?

I am trying to, it just doesn't seem to be working

You call that trying, yeah right, I don't. Look at yourself. Take yesterday, your grand daughter wanted to come upstairs and see you, she was in tears and what were you doing eh, lying there with you head in a sick bowl looking pathetic, all the child wanted to do was cuddle you and tell you how much she loves you and you couldn't even do that much for her. Come on Carol, you are stronger than that, you know you are

Some times I just don't want to be strong, have you ever thought of that, I am feeling like I did the first time round, the fight seem to have gone and I don't know how to get it back

What do you mean, the fight is gone. That is crap and you know it lady. Look at all those people you have lost because of cancer. Remember Louise, your best friend, she was only 10 when when she died, you carried her on your back when she became very ill that day, you walked 3 miles to get her home to her parents, on you back for heavens sake, you were only 12 yourself. Don't you think you owe it to Louise to keep fighting. You know that going through this isn't easy, you have been there and done it, so stop talking crap and pick yourself up and get on with it. You could just have an infection brewing which will knock you for six, you know that, you see your Mac nurse tomorrow, so get it sorted girl. I don't want to hear 'I can't' anymore, because I know you can and you will do this xx

Anonymous
  • I see the blip which made this comment box disappear has been sorted. Hope you understand my PM and don't think I've gone bonkers!

Best wishes,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

In order to be Xena the Warrior Princess you need the strength to fight.  So if you're feeling crap and a bit low........take a time out.  

Get your head sorted woman, we know that you know what you gotta do and how to do it.  Sometimes you have to take babysteps rather than charging like a bull.  You are still making ground, even if its at a slower pace, remember the tale of the Hare & The Tortoise!!!!!!!!!

However, if you still feel crud next week, be prepared for us all to start poking ya with a sharp stick to get ya moving - in the nicest possible way.

Love ya

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Everyone is entitled to have an "I can't do this" day, especially our superhero Carol, who is so strong for everyone else. And with all our support, how can you not get over this? Just give yourself a breather and come back stronger than ever.

Love and gentle hugs, whether or not you want 'em

Sharry x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there

No one is expected to fight 24/7, there are times when you can't. Who hasn't had days during chemo when all you want is to do nothing and your mind is blank. You know you should be fighting but the spirit is not up for it.

When you're feeling like s..t it's normal to have a hard time being feisty self.

I'm sure you'll be kicking your cancer's ass again soon!

Get some rest and don't beat yourself up.

All the best

Liz xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

oh kez - it took me ages to get to the end of your letter - i couldnt see thro mi tears :(

please be gentle on yourself hun

i understand why you couldnt see your granddaughter - you were trying to protect her .......see you still show strength even when you dont realise you are doing it

................hope you find your superwoman outfit real soon ........though a few days off wont harm!

much love as always xNx