jujuc

• I wasn't drunk honest!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well on top of everything else I have broken my foot and am now in plaster for the next 3 months.

The Dr in casualty said my bones were probably affected by the steroids I am taking for sickness.

All I did was to come downstairs and on the flat my foot suddenly went CRACK!

A freak accident!

Just when I was getting used to my treatments knowing what to expect.( No 6 next week, ) I hope my break won't affect the timing…

• Getting off lightly this time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well it is day 2 of chemo 4. Despite the fact I have domestos running through my veins ( I have a pump attached for 5FU) I feel pretty good. My side affects are nowhere as bad as No3. So hopefully this will continue and be a good one.

I hope others can feel this well during chemo. Only another 8 to go.

Lots of love Julie xx

• Funny but great

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well what a funny treatment this time. I was sooooo ill more or less from the outset right up until saturday when I felt very tired and sick. I went to bed after X factor and had the best nights sleep I have had in ages. ( My boyfriend had gone home the day before he only stays if I am unwell) I awoke sunday morning to a beautiful sunny day. My friend (who is a widow too ) rang and suggested we ventured out for a walk…

• Chemo 3

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Day 2 I have felt very nausious today but kept vomiting at bay with anti- emetics and ginger buscuits, ( Good excuse to eat them) I feel starving all the time, can't stop eating. Have decided that it is probably due to the fact that I can't drink and I am probably thirsty. ( Why couldn't it have been the other way round) Am trying to drink tea and coffee, I have bottled water but it tastes yuk at room temperature…

• Round 3

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well round 3 starts tomorrow, that is assuming the blood test I have later is ok. I am apprehensive about this one as I believe this is the one where the side affects magnify. At least that is what I am expecting. I have been told that things don't really begin until the 3rd or 4h treatment.. Oh well heed my own advise, one hurdle at a time! Love to all Julie XXXX