Time between chemo and surgery?

Less than one minute read time.
Hi, does anyone know how long after chemo surgery can happen? I really need to know as I am working all through the chemo but when it finishes I am due a scan and then bowel surgery. I am trying to organise not only my work but maybe a little holiday and my life generally. Any info gratefully received. Thanks Jen X
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My onco says 4 weeks. I don't have any pain and I haven't been off work thru the chemo so I guess i am strong but I don't look forward to being convalescent but I will have to put up with it. I've got a scan 2morro to see what's what. thanks 4 the helpful comments.

Love Jen xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its normally 6 weeks between chemo and op. Insist if you think 4 is too quick. You are a really strong person if you have been working all the time, especially teaching - it finished me off! So come on, use that strength to get everything done to stay alive!  How old is your son?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I want it over with asap, I can't do any more waiting, it's driving me insane.What finished you off Helena, teaching or chemo?  I was surprised at how little I was affected by the chemo- not at all when I am often allergic to prescription drugs and to the contrast dye at the CT scan.

My son is 34, I have a foster daughter who is 33. No grandchildren.

LOL Jen XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The teaching finished me off! Stopped in 2004. I was 55, had a lot of health problems and we had a new Head I could never get on with. My husband Andrew also had little trouble with the chemo.

My son is 36, my daughter 33 and youngest daughter 30. I am 60 in July.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't want to stop teaching but I think I will in July. I will be 62 in Sept. I had planned to do some teacher training in Africa, I was there in October for a recce but I guess that is on the back burner for now.I have a lovely head , the best I have ever worked with who is being incredibly supportive and gave me a big hug when I told him about my disease. I know what you mean about ones you can't get on with though.Where do you live? I am in London.

Love Jen X