Feeling sad- what to do?

1 minute read time.

My chemo failed again, I've had 4 different drugs and no shrinkage to my lung mets. I had v successful surgery on my liver and bowel 18 months ago but the lung mets are increasing. My oncologist has said- v nicely- that I shouldn't bother with any more drugs and should try to enjoy my life. That's a tall order with this hanging over me but I am trying. I just can't get my head around the fact that I won't be here. I am 63 but young at heart and have not had any illness , even having chemo for 15 months has bounced off me. I've just retired and I wanted to enjoy some time with my very loving and supportive husband and this is what is really making me sad. He will have to be on his own - we are soulmates and best friends- and I won't be able to look after him when he is old. It is just not fair but I really don't know how to be, it seems unbearable sometimes.

I know there are people who are less fortunate than I am, some of the young people on this site or those with young children are so brave but I just can't do it right now.

Love to all who are struggling with this terrible disease.

Jen XX

Anonymous
  • Hi Jen,

just wanted to say that I am so sorry tp hear your news. Maybe a second opinion is the way to go - just to make you feel that you have done all you can.

You are an inspiration to so many especially as you have had to overcome your fear of hospitals.Don't give up hope there may just be something that can be done.

In any case please accept a warm hug all the way from Melton Mowbray - for you and your husband.

Cathie xx

• I've followed your blogs for a few years and can bear witness to your fight. It's a right 'Bi*ch and needs a good kick. There is nothing 'fair' about this bl**dy disease!

Cyber hugs,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to hear your news. I too have followed your fight these past couple of years. Dont give up Jen seek a second opinion, we are with you all the way.

With Love And Hugs Lucylee. xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,

My thoughts are with you tonight. I send you all my strength and support and love.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You are very brave. My journey is just beginning. I know there is nothing I can say that will make it better but I'll tell you like I told my dad "you aren't dying any more than the rest of us, just because someone gave you an estimate of when you may die doesn't mean you can't live. Any one of us could get hit by a car or struck my lightening with no warning." I still stand by it though I see things a little different since my story started. I understand though. My boyfriend has been a godsend in all this and the thought of having to leave him is aweful. Just work on it little at a time. I'm here to talk if you need it.