Jan King

• The night before treatment begins

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi everyone ...Our friend Brian has gone home now but will be back around a week on wed/thurs too long for me lol ..the house seems like a different place and we cant thank Brian enough for what he has done for both of us ...he has looked after me wonderfully as Ken cant be here right now and i know its been of some comfort to ken knowing that i was being looked after and not alone ..i have a wonderful daughter who is…
  • What to eat and when

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone was wondering if anyone who has undergone chemo and RT on the neck and throat for 6 weeks what is the best way forward in the first couple of weeks regarding diet and what to eat ..have no idea what exactly to expect in the first couple of weeks but know eating wont be for pleasure after that or even before ..

Hope you can help ..i am so scared

love Jan x

• Nasal gastric tube

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi guys

At my meeting before my RT is due to start which is Monday they said that they use a gastric nasal tube as a last resort repeating that ..Now i am scared of that and wonder if anyone has managed without it or if you had it was it bad getting it fitted and using it ....something else for me to worry about now .

Love Jan x

• Everyone who knows me ..please

FormerMember
    FormerMember

please welcome my new hubby to the fourm /blog /group ..we cant be together for a little while and i miss him so ..he posted in the blog section his name is Ken king i know he is alone to and trying hard to be with me

Love Jan x

• ALONE

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    On Monday I start an overnight chemo cisplatin plus my RT begins that day also I will come on on Tuesday to an empty house and dreading the whole thing ..my new husband is canadian and is filling in the paper work to try and get here as soon as he can ..after my last chemo cycle our friend Brian came to stay and has been amazing but he has to leave on Sunday the day before i go into hospital to work for just over a week…