greybadger's blog

• ct scan again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, I did think I'd need it early, but the cancer nurse has now arranged an early CT scan for me in view of my raised CA125 results before my last treatment last week.  I had the full course anyway, so naturally my body is pumped full of drugs at the moment, and hopefully they have done something short term, but by Friday whatever the problem is had better be on show, or else it will be a waste of time. It took a…

• here we go again.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Didn't I say my holidays are a disaster.  Just come back from my hospital appointment for blood results ready for last session of chemo next week.  Last month (the day I came back) the CA125 had gone up 12, this month it has gone up to 617, and that is on treatment!  The doctor listened to me saying I thought things were not right, but he didn't have the results, just said have the chemo then the regular post chemo CT…

• treatment a week later than normal?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi guys,

I've just had a lovely cruise holiday while actually on treatment.  The doctor gave me 4 weeks between treatments rather than 3 because the Topetecan I have needs 5 daily sessions and with Easter and bank holidays it leaves 3 weeks when I can't have it.  We are doing 2 x 4 weeks instead of 3 weeks and 5 weeks.   So.... withtreatment  just a week later my CA 125 has gone up slightly from 225 to 239.  Is it…

• this weeks update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm very glad to say that all reports were good on Thursday at the hospital.  My count is down to 225, and the CT scan shows nothing new, and the old problems are shrinking.  I might get a summer holiday if I'm lucky this year.  The only down side was my blood count, so 2 bags of red stuff as well as chemo to come this week!  here's hoping it carries on doing it's job. 

We've taken off in the van for the weekend…

• A week later....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

How time flies when you are having daily treatments!

I'm glad to say that when the phone call did come from the Gp (the house was in chaos and my son was on the phone from his holiday in Florida, my next door neighbour had come to see my grandchildren and daughter who had come down for half term) it was to say that the Xray showed a minor chest infection, so she's put me on a course of antibiotics.  Hopefully…