Just To Let You Know

Less than one minute read time.

Gordy went to the hospital on Monday for this week's chemo tablets.

Later in the day his consultant's secretary rang Mams as they wanted him to go back and the message was not to take any of the drugs he had been given.

Gordy went back to the hospital on Tuesday morning.  They took the drugs off him and told him that the chemo was doing more harm than good, his blood count had dropped dramatically in 5 days and the cancers in his liver were not responding and growing fast.

Gordy now has 3, maybe 4 weeks left with us.

I am really sorry I haven't been around for the last week or so and to be honest I am so upset I don't think I will be for a while.  Even though we all knew this was coming I still hoped for a miracle that didn't come.

Please keep Gordy in your prayers  He is a very special man and loved by many.

Much love,

Nin xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi lovelies.

Been awake since 3.00am in spite of being absolutely exhausted!  :-(

Thanks everyone.  I did actually mean to write "those of you who believe please keep him in your prayers" as I don't but I do believe that I will see my loved ones again so I've been talking to my Dad and Grandparents and telling them to get ready for a VIP!

Me and Rocky are snuggling in bed and he keeps giving me dirty looks for all the disturbed sleep he has been getting lately!  Funny little pooch he is!

I am in a state of disbelief and think I've been kidding myself over the last 6 months that somewhere, somehow they would find a treatment that would put Gordy into remission.  Let me tell you it's bloody hard when you have to face the finality of it all.

My heart is breaking but I know you are all thinking of us and that helps a lot.

Much love,

Nin xxxx

• Nin so very sorry there was no miracle. You have shown such love strength and courage throughout gordies illness. Sending you huge warm hugs Crouton xxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Nin,

We are never ready when the time comes, it's still such a shock. Simply sending you, Gordy, your Mam and all your family love and stength. My thoughts are with you over this sad and hard time, much love and huge hugs.

Take care

Jan xxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Nin 

my thoughts are with you at this tough time 

xxx