Finding out my Mum has GBM 4

• 12 days into treatment..

FormerMember
    FormerMember

12 days into the treatment....mum is still sleeping a lot, but we have got into a better routine now, trying to keep her awake in the afternoons, her appetite seems to be picking up and it seems to help when she hears other people tell her that its a good way to kill the cancer by eating and drinking.  She has even found a new love for raw broccoli (with a nice tasty ranch dip!) and I'm not stopping her!

Mum is immobile…

• Treatment GBM 4

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So 2 days into her treatment, we had to take mum back to hospital, she had what we think was a seizure and was suffering from urine infections, so they put her on more drugs and kept her in for a few days...

Now she is on day 5 of treatment, and all she wants to do is sleep, its not easy, I am trying to wake her up every now and then for a drink, and trying to get her to eat is just as hard as she just cant seem to keep…

• My mum has GBM4

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum kept telling me that she wasn't well almost every time I rang, and then my sister told me that it seemed quite serious so I flew home from Canada to see her (12 June 2013). I took her to the doctors on the following Monday, they had previously been telling us that it was due to her kidney stone (which was waiting for surgery), but she had been very confused, not making sense, hallucinating, having severe headaches…