Fighting the enemy

• Disgusted

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The home care assessor called yesterday to offer us a care package for mum, the visiting times from the carers would be 11.00, 1.00, 6.00 and then 7.00 p.m. what the hell are we supposed to do with that?? That would mean my mum lying unable to move in her bed from 7.00 at night until eleven in the morning?? I have told Fife Council to get this sorted. I have a feeling they  are dragging their heels hoping my mum will pass…

• coming home

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The bed is arriving at my mums, home care says they don't have any carers to give us a service it has been put out to tender??!!  Have asked about Marie Curie Nurses for help during the night have been told they will try to offer a few nights! I just hope all this can be sorted so we can get mum out of the hospice to die at home instead of them all haggling over prices!

Mum is getting more and more confused she asked…

• another downward fall on this roller coaster named cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We had Mum's birthday party in the hopsice on Friday it was a tearful time watching her with all her friends and family. She was very emotional and tired out but at least she has made her birthday.

Yesterday she had deteriorated big time very confused, asking to go home as she thinks all will be ok with her. she will be able to walk again and sit on her settee. I couldn't tell her that wont be happening. I spoke…

• A glimmer of hope

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good news from the consultant last night. Mum is regaining some control of her arm they now think it was due to a bleed?? not the cancer???

When I asked how she knows she stated that if it was the tumor spreading she would not regain control. So they have doubled her steriods to see if that helps. The consultant was very vague as to what caused the bleed as they haven't scanned her. I feel they are just guessing. This…

• The fight goes on

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Things became very bad last Thursday, as mum deteriorated a great deal she now can't sit up or stand or eat unassisted. It was decided that she should go into the hospice. This is now Monday and she is still awake but hallucinating now and then. She keeps asking why my sister's dog is in the ward??

I have came back to work as sadly life has to go as usual, if things get worse I am closer to the hospice at work…