Dignity Pants and other misnomers

• Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!

Advance apologies, some of you will already have realised the downward trajectory of this essay…Well, I have got bottom cancer. On Valentines Day I completed 5 weeks of chemo-radiotherapy. Actually, it started as chem-radiotherapy and followin...
  • The King and Irony

Just a few days ago we heard the news that King Charles has cancer. The media coverage for this has been, understandably, extensive. Much of the coverage has focused on the Kings openness in sharing this news and how this will help with raising the p...
  • Tough Days and Pantyliners

Sorry to disappoint, this is not the best Country and Western song that you have yet to hear. It’s now day 21 of 35 of my chemo-radiotherapy treatment. And things are just a little different to my previous, rather jolly, entry on day 8. Well, q...
  • 'No Mr Bond, I expect you to die'

Co-incidentley, Goldfinger’s famous quote to Bond was made in 1964, the year that I was born. Sean Connery’s Bond is strapped legs-akimbo* to a table as a steel-cutting laser slowly advances towards his gentleman’s department...
  • Disassociation, a blessing?

Definition; The action of separating or disconnecting. A quick google tells me that there is a psychological condition called ‘Dissociation Disorder’. I am not going to delve into complex conditions about which I have no knowledge....