Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• New cost of living resources from Macmillan

Lots of people are feeling anxious about the cost of living crisis in the UK. The media recently reported on a Macmillan survey which showed that hundreds of thousands of cancer patients are struggling with rising costs of living. You can read that article here.

We've also seen members of the Community start sharing some of those worries across the forums.

"My back garden is on a bit of a slope so I no longer hang…

• Changing Seasons - Online Community cancer support in 2022.

Summer is often thought of as a time associated with holidays and celebration, Autumn can be more of a time of reflection and transition.

As the cold weather closes in and we all face the dreaded prospect of turning the heating on (given the current cost of living crisis), we’re wondering how you’re all feeling? Are you ready to start reflecting on 2022 yet? Or is it too early for all that?

In today’s Community…

• Breaking down the barriers and blushes

Last week we published the ‘why do I feel so guilty?’ blog exploring why we may feel guilty when living with, or being affected by cancer. Today we are talking about embarrassment because it’s often a feeling many people experience when it comes to talking about your body.

On the Online Community, we often see members posting about how embarrassed they feel to talk about parts of their body with friends…