Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• "...try not to let it take over so much that it stops you enjoying the things you usually find pleasurable in your day.” - Wellbeing Wednesdays: April

FormerMember
    FormerMember

'Wellbeing Wednesday: April' written in pink over a picture of a woman in hiking gear jumping for joy.

May’s here, so without further ado, here’s a summary of April’s Wellbeing tips. We’ve revamped our ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ tips since last month – going forwards we’ll be choosing tips shared with the Community by our members. Here are a few highlights for April…

'Keep doing what you’re doing, or even start doing something else'

Tim90 – “Keep doing what…

• "Cancer must not define who we are..."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

'Express yourself' written on brown paper surrounded by twine, craft scissors and flowers.'

Whether it’s drawing a picture, painting, writing a song or perhaps a poem, being creative is for many people a great way to improve your mental wellbeing. Having spoken to a lot of our Community members about their experiences, I often hear that being creative has helped provide them with an escape or diversions to where cancer’s no longer a central focus.

Our Express yourself group’s a space where members…

• "I once had a pub lunch with Judi Dench..." - Meet the Champs: MikeO

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Meet the champs!" written over a boardwalk leading through a field at sunrise.

Following on from last month's 'Meet the Champs' Q&A with Greg777, this month we meet MikeO, who you'll find Champing our Head and neck cancer group.

Enjoy...

• How long have you been using the Community, and what brought you to the site?

I found the Community not long after my diagnosis in October 2013, after a bit of manic Googling had got me terrified for my prospects I calmed down and looked for…