Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Vol 7 - The recovery

Cancer & me 35 years on written in big letters next to a photo of Willo painting surrounded by her art.

Today in our Community News blog we are very pleased to welcome our guest blogger, Willo, back with the seventh instalment of her blog series called ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. In this series, Willo, known on the Community as patsyann85, tells us about her experience of being diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia. We will be sharing more of Willo’s writing and incredible artwork throughout…

• What’s it all for anyway?

There are certain events in life that can really make you question the meaning of it all. Why do we fight so hard to go swimming in one direction just to have the tide change and drop us in waters we never planned for, miles away from where we thought we were going.

The fear caused by uncertainty and the unknown can be powerful and paralysing, but that’s not necessarily the end of the story.

“ in my times of…

• Secondary cancer support from the Online Community - "I have found this forum so helpful and feel the support out there so thank you all"

Secondary cancer is one way of describing cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. We have lots of members in the Community who have been diagnosed with a secondary cancer or are supporting loved ones with a secondary cancer. Other members might feel concerned about secondary cancers throughout their cancer experience.

The Community works as an online cancer support group and provides an opportunity for you to…