Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• 'I honestly don't think I would be here now if I wasn't told about this site' What the Community means to me...Vol 2: Johnty and Popgate

'What the Community means to me, vol 2 - Johnty & Popgate' written in white over a sunset winter scene

Today we have the second instalment of our ‘What the Community means to me…’ series. This series highlights just how much support, friendship and kindness is shared on the site every day. Today we have two members, and Popgate sharing their stories and discussing what it means to them to be on the site. Why not take a moment to read through? Missed our first instalment? You can click here to read t…

• Cancer, exercise and you

The words 'Cancer, exercise and you' written in green over a photo of someone running in a Macmillan T-shirt.

Here on the Community we know that staying active looks different for everyone. Everyone is unique, and so is how they may feel emotionally and physically after their cancer treatment.

For some people, trying to keep active and move their body after treatment can be a way of looking after themselves. It may help you feel less stressed and lift your spirits if you are feeling low. It can also help you feel more in control…

• Travel Tips from our Cancer Forums

The neck pillows, the duty-free attendants waiting to spray you in the latest cologne or perfume, using your passport as a fan and the extortionate in-flight meal price. It seems like it’s that time again. It doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go abroad, a quiet break a few towns away is just as good to replenish and recharge. As we approach the tail-end of Summer, we take a look on the Community at how our lovely members…