Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Finding reliable cancer information and trusted support online

There are lots of websites where you can find reliable health information and trusted support for yourself and your loved ones. You might also come across information online that is out of date, misleading or unproven. In this Macmillan Community news blog we will be sharing members experiences with the aim of helping you all find trusted information on the internet and keep safe online.
  • Information overload? We're here to help

Trusted information from day one

When you or your loved one is diagnosed with cancer, it can feel like the whole world has turned upside down. You may feel upset, angry, sad, worried or simply numb.

“Still trying to take it all in! As I had been expecting to be told I had kidney stones.” Community member, Bladder cancer forum

“I was told I had bowel cancer and my world fell apart.” …

• Meet Sian, a Macmillan Work Support Advisor

'A day in the life of a work support advisor' written next to a photo of Sian smiling into the camera and holding a mug of tea.

Questions about work and cancer? Our Work Support Team are here to help. Today we are pleased to be continuing our ‘A day in the life of…’ series with Sian, who is one of our Work Support Advisors on the Macmillan Support Line. Now that webchat is available directly on the Community site, we wanted to bring you a few of the faces behind the support and help you get to know more about how our teams can…