Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Ovarian Cancer- Anne's Story

A picture of a person with 3 dogs around them and a house in the background

March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month so to recognise this, Anne who is known as KralC on the Community, has kindly shared her blog post ‘Who…?’ to tell her story and spread further awareness of Ovarian Cancer.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank Anne for sharing her personal experience with the wider Online Community and send our very best wishes to her with her ongoing treatment and…

• Showing your support over the festive season

With the festive season often being a time of giving, we are sharing some guidance for how you can give support online, or in person at this time of year. Recently there have been discussions about different Christmas gift ideas for someone with cancer, and what to say in a greeting card. We thought we would share a few ideas from these discussions as a guide to help you show support to someone living with cancer this…

• 'What grief has taught me' by Melanie - Vol 3 'The time for good self-care is now'

'What grief has taught me' in white writing over a photo a sandy cove and green and white rocky cliffs over a calm blue sea.

In today’s Community News Blog we have the final volume of our guest blog series, ‘What Grief has taught me’ by Community member MelanieL. Melanie has been a member of the Community and a contributor to the Prostate cancerCarers only and Bereaved spouses and partners discussion groups for a long time. Melanie lost her husband Paul to an advanced form of prostate cancer in May of 2018. Throughout this series…