Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Oesophageal Cancer Awareness and Fear

February is oesophageal cancer awareness month and we're taking some time today to highlight some of our recent content relevant to people affected by an oesophageal cancer diagnosis, treatment or side effects.

We also want to talk about fear. We know that many people affected by cancer face fears around cancer treatment options and how the side effects can impact quality of life. We are here as an open and frank…

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Vol 11 Good news, bad news

Cancer & me 35 years Vol 11 written next to a sketched portrait of Paul by Willo.

We are back today with the next instalment of Willo’s blog series ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. Willo is a member of our Community who was diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia and has been sharing her experience of life post diagnosis, as well as her amazing artwork, in her blog series with us since last summer.

So far Willo has covered her experience of moving back to England for…

• Getting a breast cancer diagnosis: Issy’s story

“When I think about my cancer journey, I think about choices. It was about choosing to take ownership of my own personal cancer journey.”

You might remember Issy from her recent feature on Community News, where she shared her story following her breast cancer diagnosis and how her relationship with her partner and herself evolved. As part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2022, Issy is back to talk about another…