Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• November catch-up from the Community - 'This forum is a lifeline and keeps me sane'

A photo of a waterfall in woodland with low sun shining through the trees

As we move into December, it’s time to take a look at what’s been happening on the Community throughout November and share some of the valuable support you’ve been offering each other.

We’ve welcomed 1,828 new members to the Community in November. Although we are sorry that circumstances have brought you here, we wish a very warm welcome to each and everyone of you. We hope that you find the site to…

• Cancer & Me 35 Years On Vol 5 - Jolly Hockey Sticks!

White text which reads 'Cancer and me, 35 years on' written over a photograph of an autumnal tree in a field.

Today in our Community News blog Willo is back with the fifth instalment of her guest blog series called ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. In this series, Willo, known on the Community as patsyann85, tells us about her experience of being diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia. We will be sharing more of Willo’s writing and incredible artwork throughout the next few months in the Community…

• Dining with an Ostomate - Chicken and squash gratin

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Dining with an ostomate" written over a blue background and a fork and spoon outlined in flour

It’s time for another Dining with an Ostomate post – this week Debbie shares with us a DELICIOUS AND SIMPLE ‘Chicken and squash gratin’ recipe. It features the immune boosting, vitamin and fibre-packed butternut squash; and chicken breasts for an added protein punch.

Enjoy…

Chicken and squash gratin

Serves 4, easily halved, and freezes well.

Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil.
    1 onion, finely…