Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Urology Awareness Month

Urology. Defined in the Oxford dictionary as the branch of medicine concerned with the function and disorders of the urinary system. It’s always been a sensitive topic and often leads to not getting the medical attention that is required when a problem occurs in this area. In fact, according to the research done by Bupa, one in five UK adults who have experienced potential cancer symptoms, have not seen a doctor…

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Metastases and radiotherapy

cancer & me 35 years on written over a sketch of a nurse sitting on a patient's bed while the patient is lying down. There are flowers on the bedside table.
                                               Sketch, and all other artwork, by Willo

Today we are back with the next instalment of Willo’s blog, ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’.  Willo was diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia. In this blog series Willo has been sharing her experience of living through and beyond cancer. Alongside sharing everything she has been through, Willo has also been sharing the amazing…

• Hysterectomy support from the Macmillan Online Community forums

A hysterectomy can be hard to deal with physically and emotionally. Our Macmillan Online Community forum members help others cope through sharing their hysterectomy experiences.