Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Brain cancer Awareness month- Simon's Story

A min wearing a life vest smiling at the camera

Simon is 45 years old from South Wales and today he is sharing his cancer experience as part of Brain cancer awareness month. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed, our Brain cancer groups are here to support you.

I have had poor health most of my life due to a neurological condition called Neurofibromatosis. When in my teens I had lots of problems with my bowels and lived with a stoma bag for a year and had…

• 'Why do I feel so guilty?'

Guilt - one of the most confusing and hard to understand emotions out there. Sometimes, we can feel guilty without quite knowing exactly what we are feeling guilty about. Guilt can also feel like a very irrational emotion. Sometimes we know that what we are feeling guilty about isn’t our fault, yet it can still be hard to shake that feeling of guilt.

Whenever anything big happens in our lives, we can feel lots…

• Pride - Supporting LGBT+ people affected by cancer

The month of June has been celebrated as Pride month for the LGBT+ community for decades. For the first time in recent memory, there will be no Pride marches across the UK this year. We didn’t want to let that stop us celebrating this important time, alongside recognising how much there is still to do to support equality. Macmillan and the Online Community are here for everyone affected by cancer, no matter how you identify…