Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Dealing with Fear and Anxiety during Cancer Treatment

In this blog, one of our Community Champions Jane is sharing some of the emotions she felt whilst having treatment and some of the strategies she used to help cope with the uncertainty.
  • "...your reply filled me with strength and a feeling of support. I'll be back!"

FormerMember
    FormerMember

'Your Community' written over a picture of lots of hands reaching up, pointing.

In today’s Community News piece, I thought I’d share with you all just a handful of the feedback recently received for our Community cancer forum – feedback myself, Ellen and Jess see day in, day out on the site. The Community’s such an invaluable source of support for people affected by cancer, and the below speaks volumes for you, our Community members, who are the ones sharing your experiences; talking…

• "Nowhere to turn? How I discovered the Online Community..."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Nowhere to turn? How I discovered the Online Community..." written over a photograph of a telescope looking over a beach and blue sky

Last month Gina, one of our Online Community Champions, shared with the Community part of her cancer journey, specifically interactions with family, friends and colleagues. The blog was called “Most of us just want normality!”, and if you haven’t already read it, it makes for a really thought provoking read.

Gina’s back this week to tell us how she discovered the Online Community when she most needed…