Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month

"Pancreatic cancer awareness blog" written over a picture of an old couple turned away from the camera, walking along a seafront in the sunshine.

Did you know that November is Pancreatic cancer awareness month? Around 9,600 people are diagnosed with pancreas cancer in the UK each year. Here in the Online Community, the “Pancreatic cancer” forum has over 2400 members. This November, we wanted to shed light on the amazing support they offer 365 days a year.

In 2020 alone, the “Pancreatic cancer” forum has had over 13 million views. Across 2019, members…

• Online Community downtime, Tuesday 14th June, 5am-10am

There is some planned maintenance taking place on Macmillan’s website on Tuesday 14th June, from 5am-10am.

So that this essential maintenance can take place, the Online Community will experience some downtime. This means that members will not be able to log in, or join the Online Community, between 5am - 10am On Tuesday 14th June 2022.

We know how important the Community is as a source of support for our members…

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Surgery at St. Mary's

"Cancer & me 35 years on, Vol 13" written in white letters over a photo of a rocky waterfall in the Lake District.

Today we are back with the 13th volume of our longest running Community News Blog series ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’.  Willo was diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia. In this blog series Willo has been sharing her experience of living through and beyond cancer. Alongside sharing everything she has been through, Willo has also been sharing the amazing artwork she created during this time…