Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• 'Treasure every moment daily, move on with head held high, breast cancer has been overcome, it’s now with joy I cry.' - My journey through breast cancer in verse and word' - Vol 4

My journey through breast cancer in verse and word Vol4 written in white over a picture of a green leaf

Today here on the Community News we wanted to share with you the final volume of our series ‘My journey through breast cancer in verse and word’ by Amanda-Jayne. Amanda-Jayne was diagnosed with Breast cancer in June 2019 and used poetry and journaling to diarise her experience throughout. Amanda-Jayne has very kindly sent through her poetry and writing to us here and we are pleased to have brought you this…

• Food unites us all.

During this time of crisis, it may be hard to see the positives, but one thing I’ve noticed is that more people seem to be enjoying home cooking.

Whether you’re lucky enough to be sitting down more regularly as a family together; virtually sharing a special meal with a loved one via video chat; or simply chatting with other members on the Community, food is something that unites us all.

"There's nothing better than fresh buttered bread out of the oven."-Shazam written in white over a picture of bread on a red and white table cloth

Community members…
  • September Community Catch up

Laptop with a pen and paper next to it. September Community catch up written in green.

Let’s take a look back at what’s been happening on the Community over the last month. Not everyone is logged onto the site everyday and with so many people coming to one place to access support, it can take some time to catch up with what’s been going on over the past few weeks.

This month we welcomed 2,041 new members to the Online Community. With more and more people joining the site, we are seeing…