Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Peer support on the Online Community – the year so far

Updates and peer support across the Macmillan Online Community so far this year.
  • Pancreatic cancer awareness and support information

People walking by mountains and a lake with the words Pancreatic cancer awareness month

Have you or someone you love been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer? If so, then this blog will be useful for you to read. We’re sharing support information and highlighting some of the conversations members of the Community have had recently.

November is Pancreatic Cancer awareness month, so we’d like to take some time to show you that the Online Community is here to support you every day of the year. Even if…

• "I make a habit of crying. I consider myself to be quite good…”

FormerMember
    FormerMember

“Tears water our growth” William Shakespeare, written over a black and white picture of a man and woman hugging.

One of our Wellbeing Champs here at Macmillan, Nat, recently shared with me a blog she wrote on how she discovered it was alright to be sensitive, to be emotional – to cry.

The above follows Nat’s recent “rollercoaster of a mental health journey”, as she describes it – and whilst Nat’s story might not directly relate to cancer, I hope you perhaps read this and think that whatever you might be going through right…