Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Bereavement Support in the Online Community

'Bereavement Support in the Online Community' written in white over an image of an autumn leaf on a wooden log

On this day of remembrance across the UK, we’re talking about bereavement support in this Community News blog.

We understand that the death of someone close to you isn’t something you ‘get over’. It’s something you attempt to come to terms with. The Community can be a comforting place to share your feelings and get bereavement support from people who understand.

“I just don't know how to…

• “One night I was woken up with an odd feeling.” – Alyson’s story

This week in Community news we’re sharing Alyson’s story and experiences with Renal cell carcinoma, a form of kidney cancer,  from her first diagnosis to today.

At the age of 20 years old, I emigrated to South Africa with my then husband Gerard.  At the age of 40 years old I was working as a Logistics Manager for Howden Safanco and had been divorced for 2 years.  I had by this time two daughters, Kimberley (16…

• Are you new here? Tips and guidance from the Community

Welcome to the Online Community, we hope you find it to be a place of comfort and support. You might be feeling worried, upset, happy or just a bit strange right now, but the Community is here for you 24/7 no matter what you are going through.

Our New to the Community group is a great place to start here on the site, and we’ve collated some great tips from our members which have been posted in the group to help you make…