Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• A big thank you to our Community Champions - volunteering on the Online Community

A big thank you to the Community Champions, a group of amazing volunteers on the Online Community. Find out more about what the Community Champions do and more about volunteering for Macmillan.
  • Dealing with Change

The emotional effects of dealing with change and cancer are something that is often talked about by our members.

“This is so hard and I get frustrated with all the conflicting emotions, whether the changes I'm making are right or wrong and if Nic would approve of what I'm doing. 

I have a lot of support from friends and family, but am feeling very lost at the moment and can't say this to anybody apart from…

• Looking back at the Online Community during February

Let’s take a look at what happened on the Online Community during February. Today’s blog is a roundup of the discussions, blogs and questions posted last month. If you’re new to the Community or just want to catch up with what’s been happening on the site, this blog has all the information you need.

There’s been a lot for everyone to process recently with the coronavirus restrictions being lifted…