Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• "My work have truly gone above and beyond for me." - Diagnosed at a young age: Ginajsy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Diagnosed at a young age" written over a picture of a wooden boardwalk at the beach

Following last month’s ‘Diagnosed at a young age’ piece with greg777, this week sees Ginajsy share her story with us – focusing on the impact her diagnosis had on her work-life, and the reaction from her employer.

How work reacted…

I had been at my job for 7 months when I started to suffer with pain. It took another 4 and a half months to ascertain what the cause was. They started to test…

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Hong Kong and Back to reality

'Cancer & me 35 years on, vol 12' written next to a photograph taken by Willo of the ruin of St Paul's in Macau China.

Photo of the ruins of St. Paul's in Macau, China taken by Willo. 

We are back today with the next instalment of Willo’s blog series ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. Willo is a member of our Community who was diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia and has been sharing her experience of living through and beyond cancer, as well as her amazing artwork and photographs, in her blog series…

• Lung Cancer Awareness Month - support and kindness shared in the lung cancer forum

November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month. In this Community News Blog we will be catching up with the lung cancer forum on the Community. 

The lung cancer forum, which you can find here is a friendly online support group for anyone with lung cancer, or for anyone supporting a loved one with lung cancer.

It’s a place where you can share your thoughts, worries and anything else you might be going through with people who have…