CLL NEWBIE

• Forgiveness and increasing immunity?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Forgiveness and increasing immunity in cancer?

As many cancers affect the immune system at some stage, the disease itself or treatment. As chronic lymphocytic leukaemia's  major day to day effect on us is immunodeficiency a recent overseas post intrigued me. 

A recent report at a scientific meeting (excerpts below) observed that CD4+ T cells percentages in HIV-positive patients are elevated by the experience of forgiveness…
  • Gardening and CLL on W&W

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Into my third week of the garden, I am thinking of its effects on me. The first reality is that I am not as capable as last time round, but I am feeling better for the effort. This week I suffered my first backlash from the disease, bone and joint issues reacted badly to some of the exertion and has put me off my feet for several days at a time.

I have taken on board the advice from other CLL patients and…
  • Driving CLL

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    To a friend

Driving CLL

I’m glad to hear that you are behind the wheel again, perhaps life is a little like driving your car. When behind the wheel you are more in control of your destiny, as a passenger you are an observer, you have to rely on the skills of someone else’s driving. (Yeh you can still get side swiped or be distracted by a cat crossing the road) But it is you who must react to the situation at hand…
  • London CLL Forum conferance

FormerMember
    FormerMember

CLLSA  new  member and novice patient on “watch and wait”, travels to London:

UK CLL Forum Annual Scientific Day Molecular targeting in CLL – from bench to bedside.   Tuesday 1st  March 2011

"It’s so nice to come home" Frank Sinatra I think? I did it!!!  I’m feeling quite pleased with myself, but I didn't realise how much worse my arthritis had become. I can barely move my legs…
  • Deer dog

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi friends,

Sorry I hav'nt been in touch I've been off finding out answers about my disease and meeting others. Another pet lover sent me this video clip, somthing to keep handy when you need a lift. Been hectic,  Hope your all  coping ok, lets get in touch soon.   

Take care Nick