Climbing a Different Mountain

• Histology Results

FormerMember
    FormerMember

12th April

I'm pretty conscious that this blog may look like attention seeking and I have pondered what people may think to the point of considering deleting it, wondering that going public was damaging my standing and respect as a senior manager. My reasons are such that I'm wanting to be informative on a condition that affect thousands each year and also I thought it might be a way of communicating my progress to…

• The Night Shift

FormerMember
    FormerMember

8th April

Now that Bob has settled down he has fallen into a distinct routine. Unlike me when I used to work shifts he works hardest through the night doubling his output and expecting me to wake so as to make room for more. I don't have much choice since there would be an awful mess to clean up if I roll over. So I'm up 2 or 3 times a night to tend to him. It means that I never get a full nights sleep and…

• Lance Armstrong

FormerMember
    FormerMember

7th April

I've been awake since around 2.00, my head full of all sorts of stuff so I'm unloading them whilst having a cup of tea. I've just realised whilst checking the date that it is 36 years to the day when I first started work. Thinking how much water has passed under the bridge, what has been achieved and all the mistakes I have made. There's not that much I regret. All in All I haven't done too bad after…

• Looking After Bob

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Saturday Morning 31st March

The past few weeks have been a life changing experience. Just the simple things like Sue let out a big fart last night in bed and I envied her - What's that all about? But look on the positive side I can have a crap whist in bed, whilst talking to my mother and on the phone (I think I might have done that one before though). I have been self conscious that that the bag may smell and I'm…

• Too Much Too Soon

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wednesday 28th

The weather has been fantastic for this time of year so it has been nice to sit out in the garden. I'm having some small meals and trying to drink plenty of tea and water since much of the water in food is taken out in the large bowel. Again loads of phone calls and visitors including the stoma nurse and all very welcome . The great thing about food at the moment is that I can eat all the unhealthy…