Climbing a Different Mountain

• New Game Plan Needed?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sometimes you think that you are Immortal and indestructible, you know you are not but you think you are, if you know what I mean. This also goes for recovering from chemo sessions, just because you are mentally strong and tough does not mean to say that physically you can recover quickly enough for your next session. Session No 3 took some time to feel better however feeling better is not necessarily a reflection of…

• Chemo session No3 for Jonah - bearer of bad Luck

FormerMember
    FormerMember

1st June

Yes I think that as an infant I had been wrongly named since Jonah is more apt especially for this part of my life. Almost from the start of in the Day Ward (09.39) did things go wrong. Firstly my drugs were not ready since I had had an afternoon slot yesterday for blood tests and a consultation, which meant that the prescription was not sent to Pharmacy until this morning. Then secondly it appeared that my…

• Back To Work

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday 24th May

Well I have been off  work for 10 weeks after having surgery and have just completed my second session of chemo so I know reasonably well what to expect in the way of side effects. I have been predicting feeling sick all week and tired towards the end of this week prior to picking up again over the weekend. With this in mind and the likelihood that I will feel even worse towards the end of my 12 sessions…

• Paranoid

FormerMember
    FormerMember

11th May

It's a week since my drugs began infusing and I'm now in the middle of the first of 12 fortnightly cycles.

Visibly my hair has gone grey quickly over the past few months, which is understandable and I can forgive my body for letting this side of my good looks down. As I said to Jayne, that lovely Parish Oven barmaid, "It takes a lot longer now to transform into the Mad Shagger than ever before" If at all…

• Sunday And In Tune With The Dark Side

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sunday 6th May

Dark Side Album Cover -

If you haven't listened to it then do

You love it after a few plays

Not such a good night, even the night lights are just too bright and it still feels like I have indigestion. I've been listening to The Dark Side of the Moon at 3am by Pink Floyd which is one of my favourite albums, always taking note of the lyrics of 'Time' which echoes frittering…