Christine R's blog

• New Baby

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Everybody, Just wanted to share my good news with my friends in Macland.

My son's girlfriend gave birth to a baby boy yesterday morning. He weighed 7lbs 1oz. His name is Declan and he is gorgeous (just like his granny - everybody tells me so) ha ha, one wishes!

This is my third grandson and I have another on the way in 12 weeks.

I feel sad that my dad, who passed away 10 weeks ago won't get to see the wee ones…

• Confused!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dad was taken into hospital yesterday in preparation for a colonoscopy today.  When we arrived they didn't have a bed for him until I stuck my oar in and explained that he had cancer and couldn't sit about in a waiting room all day.

He has bowel cancer with spread to the liver and possibly the lungs, newly diagnosed.  We have been told that surgery is not an option as it will not cure him, but they will probably…

• My Dad

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Gosh, don't know where to start.  I've been using this site for a while now.  Have beaten breast cancer (I hope). Now my dad, who has always been a healthy, non meat eater, non-smoker, occasional drinker has been diagnosed with secondary liver cancer.  I have spoken to my GP today who tells me that that dad's CT scan has confirmed what they have been worried about (primary bowel?). She doesn't want to say until dad…

• Purchasing a Calendar

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Everybody, I'm back after five weeks away from this site and was wondering how I can buy one of the calendars.  When I clicked on to buy one I was directed to ebay, but there it says the listing has ended.

I have also tried buying one from this site directly, but unfortunately my email is outlook express which doesn't actually work on my computer, so I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction or…

• Ding Dong The Bells Are Gonna Chime!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Everybody, just wanted to say that I won't be on here for a while as I am getting married on Saturday and am heading straight to Benidorm for three weeks in the sun.  We are taking 21 family members with us (seemed a good idea at the time) lol.

I am so looking forward to a bit of r & r as we haven't had a holiday for two years.

So, I hope you all keep as well as can be expected and I look forward to catching…