chat room

Less than one minute read time.

Hi

I joined the chat room 3 weeks ago. I am a carer looking after my Dad who now has a prognosis of 4 weeks. Without the friends in chat, i dont know how i would have coped. I feel, lately, by the comments of another blog that carers are not welcome. I am sad about this and would value your views? sue xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sue, I think it must just be a rogue element making you feel that way, I've had nothing but great support from people on here. Cancer is a hideous disease which doesn't just affect the patient but also those caring for them and those left behind. Those of us caring are just as much in need of support from people who understand what we're going through and the practical advice of those who have been through the cancer that our loved ones are suffering with. Don't ever feel bad for being around the site, most people welcome everybody, regardless of whether they're a patient or a carer.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sue - as you might know I am a patient. I dont know what I would have done without the chat room either. I believe that the chat room is there for all and I think its sad that someone says carers are not welcome.  This site is not about who has what, who is caring for who - its about support and people supporting each other and being able to chat to others in similar situations. Long may it continue. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

i am a patient but have had the unfortunate poortunity to be a carer in the past and so see it from both sides. The chat roomis a place for suportand help with like minded folk, a place where we can talk and share views etc. cancer affects us all be it family, friend, carer, patient it doesnt disriminate and neither should the chat room. I get a lot of help from yourself sue, you aways pick me up when i am low and thats what this is about. carers should not feel like they cant come on chat, it has got tio be harder for them, watching their loved one go through it, and therefore they have earnt their right to be a part of this. to get the help and support they need. love ya sue.xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sue,

Nic sums it up to a tee. The Chat room is for everybody Carers, Patients Family and friends.That is what Macmillan Cancer support groups are all about . To

be here for eachother.to Help,Chat, Support,Understanding and to listen,and to pass on eachothers experiences. So if you feel like you sre being

left out. Report it to Admin.Let them sort it out.

Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi sue ,i am a carer for my mum and occasionally go ito chat room ,i dont always talk a lot but i am always acknowleged  and made welcome by everyone in the roomxx