Carrot Tops Blog:

• Pre-Operation Nerves etc:

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well this time next week, I will have my bag packed and ready to go in for my operation, but I cannot get rid of this sore throat and now have a cough. Feeling nippy at breast and underarm. Bones are sore not like when you getting flu though. Its cold and damp at the moment so maybe its just the oestiopenia etc. Will mention to Breast Care Nurse when I see her today. Family also getting a support meeting, they all…

• Throat;Difficulty swallowing and choking

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi again; Just getting this out. Before I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I had some problems with swallowing, which I though may be related to the two discs at top of spine, maybe one was pressing forward, or it was thyroid or something else. I had also been diagnosed with Oestiopenia 3 months before the Cancer. T scor -2.4 and Z score - 1.73. Went to docs, got antibiotics twice for viral infection re streptoccoci;…

• Mastectomy;Reconstruction from Buttock.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

At the moment I wait anxiously for the date of my operation; should of been either last week in Sept or 1st week in October 2010 and had everything organised re husband getting his holidays for this time; now told it will be in October. Had my 6th FEC Chemo back on 26th August and was under the impression that operation was to be 4-6 weeks no later than this. Now find out my breast surgeon will be going on holiday end…

• 50 years Mum: 11th Sept 1960- 11th Sept 2010. From your baby.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"You were only 37 when you went to Heaven, you would now be 87".

I often asked Why, Where, What, Who, When?

I got the answers from a letter to my dad's mum you sent.

dated 1959 and I read in 2004 when dad went.

Lump in throat chokes me and tears still fill my eyes,

for my mum who struggled with pressure and the lies;

That caused you to go away that day in September;

I will never forget, but I will…

• Raising Awareness: Members Security

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there, this is my first blog and I felt I had to write it to address a few things that I have found out:

a) When I first joined, I would sign in to read blogs, forums chat etc. Now I find that I only have to sign in to have a chat  or write a blog.

By accident:I found out that I don't need to sign in or even be a member to read any of the forums or blogs or look at photos or videos.

b) I also found out that…