Carried on Eagles' Wings

• Chemo Wins Round 6

Chemo 1 Team Amy 5   Much as I would like to pretend otherwise, my last cycle on 28 December got the better of me.    The day after the Docetaxel infusion and Phesgo injection, the taste changes started to kick in; well, they hadn't co...
  • Letter to a friend

For the past 13 months I have been following Becky’s experience with glioblastoma. On 23 December I wrote her a letter. That letter and her reply are below. Following surgery yesterday, Becky finds herself on the very edge of a precipice. My pr...
  • Chemo Countdown! #6 Today!

The score so far: Chemo               0 Team Amy123   5   One day later than scheduled due to the Christmas holidays, Chemo #6 is this afternoon. I’m feeling great, even...
  • Docetaxel-Phesgo – She was pretty spot on

Another cycle ticked off, the fourth of seven, so we’re more than halfway through chemo! #5 tomorrow morning. For #4 I switched to a new cocktail of chemo and targeted therapy drugs and I’d been a bit apprehensive about possible adverse s...
  • Macmillan Heroes

Today (Tuesday) I switch to a different chemo drug (Docetaxel/Taxotere), together with a targeted therapy (Phesgo). I will also continue with the bone marrow injections (G-CSF) for seven days after each cycle. Once again, I read up on the side e...