Cancer - it gets right on my tits!

• Lashes and Brows - please don't leave me!!

It's been 12 weeks since I started chemo. I've had 6 cycles so far, 2 more to go. My hair started falling out after my 2nd cycle, but I was really pleased that my lashes and brows stayed put. However, over the past few days they've been getting thinn...
  • The wig. The whole wig. And nothing but the wig.

I was a little apprehensive about wig shopping, but mostly quite excited. Me and the hubby drove over to Swansea (about an hours drive from where we live) to the nearest wig shop that accepted my £90 NHS voucher. I'd looked on their website in ...
  • It's been a while....

I've not update my blog in ages. I found it quite cathartic at first, writing all my emotions and experiences down. Then the whole chemo cycles just began to feel so normal that I didn't feel I needed to document them.  I had my 6th chemo sessio...
  • The Hair

Of all the worries I had when getting diagnosed with cancer, loosing my hair wasn't one of them. In a way, I felt quite empowered by it. Not sure why though. I'd made an appointment to have it short cut but ended up cancelling it when my onco...
  • The 2 week cycle

I'm having my 3rd chemo session today. As I'm having it every other week, I find that I now count time in 2 weeks chunks; Day 1 - chemo Day 2 - steroid high  Day 3 - slipping into the chemo hangover  Day 4/5/6/7 - chemo hangover, duve...