Brian99

• Can anyone advise please?!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When my mum was first diagnosed with bowel cancer a few months ago, I thought that once the shock of it all had passed and the operation done that would be the hard part. Now she is going for chemotherapy to make sure that the cancer is completely eradicated. Now I'm not so sure which is the hard part! Like a roller coaster you get over the first hill and as you head down the other side another one looms. I'm told that…

• Update on mum

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, good news, mum starts her Chemo in a couple of weeks just to tidy things up a bit and catch any remaining cells that may have been missed. Also been told that my Aunt who has cancer of the pancreas is responding well to treatment too. The infection mum had picked up is clearing up with the ant-biotics too and she is sounding more upbeat and positive. I've got to really cook up the courage to go for my blood tests…

• First time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, hello evryone. This is my first time on here so excuse if it isn't very interesting. My mum has recently just had a bowel cancer op to remove the cancer. All is looking good except all the worries and emotions that come with it. Never had cancer so close in the family so when it hits, it hits hard. So thought writing things down might help, and where better than a site where the readers understand and can relate…