Bren

• In the style of Dr Seuss - the complete thing

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    The delegates came and the delegates sat And they talked and they talked ‘til their bums all went flat Then a delegate said in the country he knew We must do something quick, but what should we do So they sat again thinking and there they stayed seated Sitting and thinking the planets been heated I think, said a delegate there from Peru That we all must agree on some things we could do Like reducing emissions…
  • In the style of Dr Seuss

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 …

• What's going on

FormerMember
    FormerMember

in Copenhagen?

If you put 3 kids in a room with one television and one remote control, tell them to sort out themselves what to watch, would you expect peace and harmony to break out?

So however could it be possible to put over 150 nations in one room, (each bringing their own remote control) and expect them to come to an agreement?

More on this later, but I will try not to bore you.

Bren

• Its not exactly Shakespeare

FormerMember
    FormerMember

But the subject of this irregular blog is a quote originally from his play The Tempest.

"Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows"

This has, over the intervening centuries, been borrowed by many writers, not least of whom was Charles Dickens who gave us the more well known version of adversity rather than misery.

By now you will be wondering where I am heading with all this, hopefully you'll stick around…

• Well, so what?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Strange title but it fits my thoughts. I was going to write up my little day trip to hospital on Monday, when I had my back poked into. 
    I have been reading Drews blog about his time in hospital and considered my minor problem, put it in perspective and thought what a wimp - - ME that is not him. I'm holding on to the coat tails of giants.