bizzie lizzie

• The army is on the march!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I started my new chemo regime yesterday and it went very well. I say new, its the carbo/taxol that I have had twice before but given every week for 3 weeks instead of once every 3 weeks. The fourth week is a break from chemo (although I still have to go to the hospital to see the consultant) and then the cycle starts again. I was booked to have a pre-chemo chat beforehand, but was told I didn't need it as I am an "expert…

• Third time lucky!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Saw my consultant yesterday and told him my decision was to have carboplatin and taxol weekly (three weeks on and one week off will be one cycle) The CA125 will be checked after cycles 2 and 4 and if that is improving I will have two more cycles so six in all. This will be the third time having carbo/taxol so keeping everything crossed that it works!  Of course, my hair will go again so I think a new wig is needed as I…

• Decisions, Decisions !!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all,

I have seen my consultant today to get the results of my CT scan and the news is not so good. The Caelyx is not working and so the remaining cycles have been cancelled. I now have three options to consider before returning to see him on 28th June.

Firstly, he would be happy for me to have a break from chemo for a few months, especially as I feel good and my energy levels are fine. I would be regularly monitored…

• Keep smiling....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Following on from Monday's blog, I phoned my consultant's secretary this morning to get the latest CA125 result. I had had a test done at my local hospital last Mon and it was 234 (before starting treatment it was 202) and my consultant wanted another one done at this hospital where I have my treatment. Anyway, rang the sec, lovely Sarah and the result was......342. What!.....deep breaths lizzie, relax. I promised myself…

• Bit of a funny day......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all,

Bit of a funny day today or maybe my expectations were too high. I have been to see my consultant and was hopeful that my CA125 had gone down after 2 cycles of Caelyx. It was 202 before starting treatment and now it is 234. "Oh ", I said "it's gone up!". "No" said my consultant, "A rise like that is nothing, it's stable". Previously, on carboplatin/taxol, there had always been a considerable drop and I suppose…