And another funny thing......

• Unfortunate phrase...!

During surgery I had groin lymph nodes removed from both the offending right side and left. Latest news is that nothing showing from left side but 3 out of 11 nodes showing signs on the right side.

Chatting to youngest daughter and saying it seemed a bit brutal to take left lymph nodes out.

Her comment? ‘ Honestly Mum, if they had to call you back later to remove the left nodes you’d be gutted!’

It took…

• What a way to spend your birthday.....

Yesterday was my birthday.

Instead of the usual early morning singing down the phone from various family members which is the norm I was up very early for a planning CT scan. As the early morning traffic around the hospital ( not my local ) is notoriously bad we set off at silly o’clock.....and arrived an hour and a half too early! How do you judge these things?

Got in at appointed time only for the team to decide…

• Watch where you are putting that needle!

5 weeks of radiotherapy started yesterday and today was first of 5 weekly doses of chemotherapy.

Each of these unknown new experiences is very daunting so I presented myself this morning with slightly wobbly legs.

As with all my experiences since this journey began, everyone I met was just lovely. The nurse who I was to spend most of the day with was great and explained everything she was about to do. She walked away…

• You have to laugh at this one!

Time moves along and I thought I would just check in with my GP who I hadn’t seen since pre surgery partly because I was handed over to another hospital and partly because I know our surgery was down a doctor and I really had no need to see anyone. Feeling somewhat uncomfortable as I felt like I might be taking up valuable time, I had the most wonderful welcome from her! She gave me a big hug ( don’t even know her that…

• 25 days being cooked!

I haven’t added to my blog for a while - not because I haven’t had a laugh along the way but because after 25 days of radiotherapy plus the weekly chemo dose I have been too shattered to write it down.

Today should have been my final radiotherapy session but due to machine breakdown yesterday was cancelled. It felt like a bitter blow but I got over it and now have a Saturday session so tomorrow will be the…